Sunday, June 6, 2010

JOY IS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, AHHHH!!!!!

In case you didn't know,

GOD IS GOOOOOOOD!!!
=)


I'm just on a high right now, learning about seasons and such...

I've just crossed over from an extremely difficult season to one of joy, and really didn't know what to do with myself. I began thinking, maybe I was falling off as a follower of Christ because I felt so different, that maybe it was because I wasn't doing all that I should be doing. THAT IS, until I spoke with my grandma about seasons.

You've GOTTA love old folks.

She said, "If the Lord has given you a season of joy, then enjoy every second of it. Don't let the enemy steal your joy! It is your time to be glad."

I was uneasy about it and unsure of things.. (it's funny how a season of anguish can make you forget how to be joyous and glad, the Lord will help me hold on to this next time around)

SO I READ....
ECCLESIASTES!

Ohhhh I love this book mayne. I can't even describe.

OR maybe I can =))

Ecc.5:19 "..when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work--this is a gift from God."

8:15 "so I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun."

9:7 "Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do. Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun..."

11:7 "Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all. But let him remember the days of darkness, for they will be many. Everything to come is meaningless."

11:9 "Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgement.
So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless."

So I'm on a trip. I'm happy. So happy =)
haha yeah.. good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment