Saturday, October 2, 2010

Unplugged..

Have you ever heard "I gotta find peace of mind" by Lauryn Hill?

Listen!

I love that song. If not simply for how she captures the reality of getting close to God in Christ so well with such real emotion, then for it's lyrical content.

"He says it's impossible, but I know it's possible"
That whole section where she speaks of how the devil attacks your mind to steal salvation... SO real! When you attempt to grow closer to Him, the enemy will attack you in every way possible.

"You love me despite myself, sometimes I fight myself
I just can't believe that you, would have anything to do
With someone so insecure, someone so immature
Oh you inspire me, to be the higher me
You made my desire pure, you made my desire pure"


Isn't it amazing that He loves us? So amazing.

"Just tell me what to say, I can't find the words to say
Please don't be mad with me, I have no identity
All that I've known is gone, all I was building on.."


Man that is so real! You're in transition and you don't know what to do or how to follow Christ. Personal dreams and desires hold you in chains but you want to walk with Him so bad! It's like you beg God not to be upset with you, you're trying so hard already. You don't yet realize who He is and so you're scared that He'll drop you like a normal person would if you were stuck. But He is Love. And Love is patient, kind, does not envy, does not boast, does not keep a record of wrongs, is not easily angered, rejoices with the truth (does not delight in evil). Always protects, perseveres, and trust. Love NEVER fails![I Corinthians 4:7]

No comments:

Post a Comment